Biologists have advanced the knowledge of human neurodevelopmental disorders by finding that a lack of a particular group of cell adhesion molecules in the cerebral cortex -- the outermost layer of the brain where language, thought and other higher functions take place -- disrupts the formation of neural circuitry.
- Does a bigger brain make for a smarter child in babies born prematurely?Thu, 13 Oct 2011, 11:34:11 EDT
- Looking at languageTue, 4 Aug 2009, 9:22:36 EDT
- Human brain becomes tuned to voices and emotional tone of voice during infancyWed, 24 Mar 2010, 12:39:36 EDT
- Researchers produce detailed map of gene activity in mouse brainWed, 24 Aug 2011, 13:36:42 EDT
- New map IDs the core of the human brainMon, 30 Jun 2008, 20:28:35 EDT