There was no change in concentrations of chloride, dissolved solids, or nitrate in groundwater for more than 50 percent of well networks sampled in a new analysis by the USGS that compared samples from 1988-2000 to samples from 2001-2010. For those networks that did have a change, seven times more networks saw increases as opposed to decreases.
- Pesticide concentrations decreasingMon, 20 Oct 2008, 10:23:54 EDT
- Nitrate concentrations of ground water increasing in many areas of the United StatesWed, 17 Sep 2008, 11:21:57 EDT
- Less is more in the fight against terrorismFri, 17 Sep 2010, 10:16:43 EDT
- Report: Cleanup of some contaminated groundwater sites unlikely for decadesThu, 8 Nov 2012, 16:34:48 EST
- 96 percent of vasectomy patients cleared without need for multiple semen samplesTue, 8 Jun 2010, 10:54:23 EDT