Engineers have found a novel method for "decorating" nanowires with chains of tiny particles to increase their electrical and catalytic performance. The new technique is simpler, faster and more effective than earlier methods and could lead to better batteries, solar cells and catalysts.
- Novel nanowires boost fuel cell efficiencyThu, 31 Mar 2011, 13:37:23 EDT
- Nanowires may boost solar cell efficiency, UC San Diego engineers sayWed, 14 May 2008, 9:49:50 EDT
- Stretched rubber offers simpler method for assembling nanowiresMon, 28 Feb 2011, 11:06:52 EST
- New method for making tiny catalysts holds promise for air qualityWed, 15 Dec 2010, 14:14:25 EST
- Nanopower: Avoiding electrolyte failure in nanoscale lithum batteriesWed, 21 Mar 2012, 19:33:22 EDT