Results from the largest genetic study of glaucoma, a leading cause of blindness and vision loss worldwide, showed that two genetic variations are associated with primary open angle glaucoma, a common form of the disease. The identification of genes responsible for this disease is the first step toward the development of gene-based disease detection and treatment.
- Identification of glaucoma gene brightens view for future therapiesThu, 17 Feb 2011, 17:32:05 EST
- Detecting glaucoma before it blindsThu, 6 Oct 2011, 17:38:39 EDT
- Jackson Laboratory team finds genetic clue to 'emergency' glaucomaMon, 2 May 2011, 9:32:50 EDT
- Researchers identify gene variant linked to glaucomaMon, 21 Sep 2009, 15:44:49 EDT
- Glaucoma patients report a wide range of emotional and psychological changesMon, 11 Apr 2011, 10:34:39 EDT