Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 18:50 in Health & Medicine
Scientists have shown the ability to turn scar tissue that forms after a heart attack into heart muscle cells using a new process that eliminates the need for stem cell transplant.
- A stem cell secreted protein can be given to improve heart function after experimental heart attackWed, 17 Nov 2010, 16:56:05 EST
- First-of-its-kind stem cell study re-grows healthy heart muscle in heart attack patientsMon, 13 Feb 2012, 23:33:38 EST
- Preventing a broken heart: Research aims to reduce scarring from heart attacksSun, 14 Dec 2008, 13:22:39 EST
- Duke scientists uncover cells that mend a broken heartWed, 24 Mar 2010, 14:49:41 EDT
- Your own stem cells can treat heart diseaseTue, 17 Nov 2009, 18:39:14 EST