A team of researchers has discovered a treatment for a common metabolic disorder. The study reports that supplementation of nitric oxide (NO) in mice and man afflicted with argininosuccinic aciduria (ASA), a urea cycle disorder (UCD), results in long-term heart and neuropsychological improvements.
- New target found for nitric oxide's attack on salmonella bacteriaSat, 23 Jul 2011, 4:06:21 EDT
- Exhaled nitric oxide monitoring does not improve on guidelines-based asthma managementFri, 19 Sep 2008, 4:57:00 EDT
- Treating neonatal meningitis -- is nitric oxide a foe or a friend to bacteria?Wed, 24 Feb 2010, 7:16:43 EST
- Hypoxia training suppresses harmful cardiac nitric oxide production during heart attackFri, 23 May 2008, 12:42:41 EDT
- Synchrotron study shows how nitric oxide killsWed, 8 Dec 2010, 9:33:03 EST