Mystery of bacterial growth and resistance solved: Findings shed light on how bacteria form protective biofilms
Scientists have unraveled a complex chemical pathway that enables bacteria to form clusters called biofilms. Such improved understanding might eventually aid the development of new treatments targeting biofilms, which are involved in a wide variety of human infections and help bacteria resist antibiotics.
- Scripps Research Institute scientists solve a mystery of bacterial growth and resistanceThu, 26 Apr 2012, 15:35:03 EDT
- Biofilms use chemical weaponsWed, 23 Jul 2008, 11:08:00 EDT
- Research provides new leads in the case against drug-resistant biofilmsWed, 10 Nov 2010, 13:12:06 EST
- Genes that make bacteria make up their mindsSun, 29 Mar 2009, 21:43:44 EDT
- Researchers find compound effective in destroying antibiotic-resistant biofilmsThu, 8 Apr 2010, 15:40:37 EDT