Maternal age is linked to autism, a new review of studies suggests. While much research has been done to identify potential genetic causes of autism, this analysis suggests that non-heritable and environmental factors may also play a role in children's risk for autism.
- Autism Speaks on US Senate hearing on potential environmental health factors in autismTue, 3 Aug 2010, 18:08:12 EDT
- Study finds pregnancy and birth environment may affect development of autism in twinsMon, 4 Jul 2011, 17:01:47 EDT
- The Montreal Children's Hospital of the MUHC begins search for causes of autismWed, 7 May 2008, 12:07:26 EDT
- Autism Speaks responds to recent publications citing autism clusters in CaliforniaFri, 22 Jan 2010, 15:32:45 EST
- UC Davis study confirms link between advanced maternal age and autismMon, 8 Feb 2010, 9:57:13 EST