Researchers have for the first time analyzed a DNA fragment from commercial feed for aquarium cichlids, aquaculture of salmon and marine fish in aquariums. The results show that in order to manufacture this feed, eight species of high trophic level fish have been used, some of them coming directly from extractive fisheries.
- 8 species of wild fish have been detected in aquaculture feedThu, 26 Apr 2012, 13:35:24 EDT
- Alternative fish feeds use less fishmeal and fish oilsWed, 13 Oct 2010, 15:33:18 EDT
- Marine aquaculture could feed growing world populationTue, 1 Dec 2009, 12:44:05 EST
- Fish researcher demonstrates first 'non-visual feeding' by African cichlidsMon, 13 Apr 2009, 17:43:53 EDT
- Half of the fish consumed globally is now raised on farms, study findsMon, 7 Sep 2009, 16:31:29 EDT