A new study finds that analytic thinking can decrease religious belief, even in devout believers. The study finds that thinking analytically increases disbelief among believers and skeptics alike, shedding important new light on the psychology of religious belief.
- Analytic thinking can decrease religious belief: UBC studyThu, 26 Apr 2012, 15:35:33 EDT
- Where religious belief and disbelief meetMon, 5 Oct 2009, 10:07:48 EDT
- Religious beliefs significantly tied to national political participationTue, 24 Jun 2008, 11:29:55 EDT
- Study: Believers' inferences about God's beliefs are uniquely egocentricMon, 30 Nov 2009, 16:08:00 EST
- Collective religious rituals, not religious devotion, spur support for suicide attacksWed, 18 Feb 2009, 16:43:53 EST