Scientists have discovered strange half-mile-sized objects punching through parts of Saturn's F ring, leaving glittering trails behind them. These trails in the rings, which scientists are calling 'mini-jets', fill in a missing link in our understanding of the curious behaviour of the F ring.
- Cassini sees new objects blazing trails in Saturn ringTue, 24 Apr 2012, 14:22:32 EDT
- Cassini sees collisions of moonlets on Saturn's ringThu, 5 Jun 2008, 10:07:36 EDT
- Scientists discover a Saturn-like ring system eclipsing a sun-like starWed, 11 Jan 2012, 14:35:33 EST
- A long night falls over Saturn's ringsFri, 23 Oct 2009, 16:38:06 EDT
- Cassini shows Saturnian roller derbyThu, 18 Mar 2010, 14:53:42 EDT