Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 15:20 in Health & Medicine
Citing the lack of clear guidelines for ordering blood transfusions during surgery, researchers say a new study confirms there is still wide variation in the use of transfusions and frequent use of transfused blood in patients who don’t need it.
- Restrictive use of blood transfusions during cardiac surgery shows comparable outcomesTue, 12 Oct 2010, 17:34:58 EDT
- Safety of stored blood among chief concerns for transfusion medicine community Sat, 16 Apr 2011, 14:33:49 EDT
- Rates of blood transfusions for CABG surgery varies widely among US hospitalsTue, 12 Oct 2010, 17:34:56 EDT
- Blood transfusion study: Less is moreWed, 5 Aug 2009, 13:01:28 EDT
- Study confirms vCJD could be transmitted by blood transfusionFri, 29 Aug 2008, 10:14:39 EDT