Swedish men had the highest healthy life years of European men in 2010, while Maltese women had the highest values for European women. "Healthy Life Years" indicates how long people can expect to live without disability. It has been computed annually for each Member State of the European Union since 2005.
- Life is shorter for men, but sexually active life expectancy is longerTue, 9 Mar 2010, 19:26:01 EST
- Obesity in middle aged women cuts chance of a long and healthy life by almost 80 percentTue, 29 Sep 2009, 20:34:54 EDT
- Obesity and knee osteoarthritis shorten healthy years of lifeTue, 15 Feb 2011, 14:02:29 EST
- Stroke complications may subtract additional two years of healthy lifeThu, 1 Jul 2010, 16:24:20 EDT
- Life expectancy success storyFri, 26 Aug 2011, 5:14:43 EDT