Researchers have developed a technique for encapsulating liquids of nanocrystals between layers of graphene so that chemical reactions in the liquids can be imaged with an electron microscope. With this technique, movies can be made that provide unprecedented direct observations of physical, chemical and biological phenomena that take place in liquids on the nanometer scale.
- First atomic-scale real-time movies of platinum nanocrystal growth in liquidsThu, 19 Apr 2012, 16:36:52 EDT
- High-resolution atomic imaging of specimens in liquid by TEM using graphene liquid cellMon, 9 Apr 2012, 23:31:40 EDT
- Novel technique to synthesize nanocrystals that harvest solar energyThu, 23 Aug 2012, 22:03:59 EDT
- Growth spurtsFri, 7 Aug 2009, 14:30:26 EDT
- Liquid crystals light way to better data storageTue, 22 Jun 2010, 10:46:47 EDT