Scientists have for the first time visualized the transformation of powder mixtures into molten glass. A better understanding of this process will make it possible to produce high quality glass at lower temperatures, leading to significant energy savings in industrial glass manufacturing.
- X-rays create a window on glass formationMon, 16 Apr 2012, 15:34:32 EDT
- Fast-tracking the manufacture of glassesTue, 29 Jun 2010, 17:24:07 EDT
- Metallic glass: A crystal at heartThu, 16 Jun 2011, 15:34:24 EDT
- In probing mysteries of glass, researchers find a key to toughnessTue, 26 Feb 2013, 12:32:38 EST
- Rare earth metal enhances phosphate glassTue, 15 Dec 2009, 11:29:01 EST