An outbound comet that provided a nice show for skywatchers late last year is the target of an ongoing investigation by NASA's Swift satellite. Formally designated C/2009 P1 (Garradd), the unusually dust-rich comet provides a novel opportunity to characterize how cometary activity changes at ever greater distance from the sun.
- NASA's Swift monitors departing Comet GarraddFri, 13 Apr 2012, 18:33:33 EDT
- NASA's Swift spies Comet LulinFri, 20 Feb 2009, 12:09:20 EST
- 'Ultra-primitive' particles found in comet dustMon, 2 Nov 2009, 13:35:16 EST
- NASA's Swift sizes up comet ISONSun, 31 Mar 2013, 10:02:31 EDT
- NASA's Swift looks to comets for a cool viewWed, 3 Dec 2008, 16:25:02 EST