Pressure-treated wood is great stuff, but the chemicals used to preserve it from decay can leach out, where they can be toxic to bugs, fungi and other hapless creatures. Now, scientists are using nanotechnology to keep the chemicals inside the wood where they belong.
- Breaking biomass betterMon, 12 Jul 2010, 15:43:59 EDT
- TU Delft improves production of chemicals from wood wasteWed, 10 Mar 2010, 12:18:57 EST
- Landscape tree disease from 12 wood decay fungi studiedThu, 30 Dec 2010, 10:11:32 EST
- Air pollutants from fireplaces and wood-burning stoves raise health concernsSat, 5 Feb 2011, 18:50:40 EST
- Wood stoves -- a viable home heat source?Tue, 14 Jul 2009, 13:30:23 EDT