Homophobia is more pronounced in individuals with an unacknowledged attraction to the same sex and who grew up with authoritarian parents who forbade such desires, a series of psychology studies demonstrates. The study is the first to document the role that both parenting and sexual orientation play in the formation of intense fear of homosexuals.
- Good news: Teenagers found willing to help their parentsFri, 6 Feb 2009, 9:12:38 EST
- 'My kid wouldn't do that' -- study shows parents' difficulty with teen sexualityMon, 3 May 2010, 12:09:58 EDT
- Homosexual men have significantly lower personal incomes than heterosexual individualsWed, 29 Oct 2008, 12:28:54 EDT
- Parents rationalize the economic cost of children by exaggerating their parental joyWed, 2 Mar 2011, 16:08:38 EST
- Opposites may attract, but they don't make better parentsThu, 27 Jan 2011, 12:02:00 EST