Measuring what are known as executive functions, which reflect the cognitive ability to deal with sudden problems, may make it possible to predict how good an elite soccer player will become in the future. Scientists believe that they have finally found the scientific key to what has previously been described as "game intelligence" in successful soccer players.
- Psychological testing may predict success in soccerFri, 6 Apr 2012, 10:35:20 EDT
- Researchers use science to identify soccer starsThu, 17 Jun 2010, 10:41:45 EDT
- Motion analysis helps soccer players get their kicksThu, 9 Jul 2009, 9:18:43 EDT
- Using science to identify true soccer starsWed, 16 Jun 2010, 17:33:57 EDT
- Scientists: Soccer improves health, fitness and social abilitiesTue, 6 Apr 2010, 10:22:20 EDT