Wednesday, April 4, 2012 - 15:31 in Mathematics & Economics
Researchers have shown that popular free smartphone apps spend up to 75 percent of their energy tracking the user's geographical location, sending information about the user to advertisers and downloading ads.
- Free apps drain smartphone energy on 'advertising modules'Wed, 4 Apr 2012, 16:38:33 EDT
- Researchers find phone apps sending data without notificationWed, 29 Sep 2010, 11:47:09 EDT
- 'No-sleep energy bugs' drain smartphone batteriesWed, 13 Jun 2012, 20:32:17 EDT
- Study exposes habit formation in smartphone usersMon, 25 Jul 2011, 11:34:39 EDT
- Privacy risks from geographic informationThu, 8 Apr 2010, 11:33:46 EDT