Monday, April 2, 2012 - 21:30 in Biology & Nature
To the surprise of investigating researchers, an animal model of Epstein Barr virus protected lupus-prone mice against development of the autoimmune disease. Earlier work had suggested that EBV might promote the development of autoimmunity.
- Key mechanism for the proliferation of Epstein-Barr virus discoveredThu, 14 Jan 2010, 9:09:16 EST
- A virus similar to herpes could be a risk factor for multiple sclerosisTue, 17 May 2011, 11:35:08 EDT
- U of T researchers reveal Epstein-Barr virus protein contributes to cancerMon, 6 Oct 2008, 10:36:08 EDT
- NIH scientists outline steps toward Epstein-Barr virus vaccineWed, 2 Nov 2011, 20:40:57 EDT
- A single protein helps the body keep watch over the Epstein-Barr virusSat, 18 Feb 2012, 12:37:35 EST