Scientists have looked for signals from dark matter by zeroing in on 10 small, faint galaxies that orbit our own. Although no signals have been detected, a novel analysis technique applied to two years of data from the observatory's Large Area Telescope has essentially eliminated these particle candidates for the first time.
- Getting a full picture of an elusive subjectWed, 14 Mar 2012, 14:36:37 EDT
- 'Dark core' may not be so dark after allThu, 29 Nov 2012, 14:38:59 EST
- Dark matter core defies explanation in NASA Hubble imageFri, 2 Mar 2012, 16:34:05 EST
- Dark matter mystery deepensMon, 17 Oct 2011, 13:33:02 EDT
- A clash of clusters provides another clue to dark matterWed, 27 Aug 2008, 11:36:35 EDT