Sunday, April 1, 2012 - 19:30 in Biology & Nature
Fishing for herring, anchovy, and other "forage fish" in general should be cut in half globally to account for their critical role as food for larger species, recommends an expert group of marine scientists.
- Study provides first-time analysis of 3 distinct contributions of forage fish worldwide Mon, 10 Sep 2012, 20:02:39 EDT
- Fishing down food web leaves fewer big fish, more small fish in past century: UBC researchFri, 18 Feb 2011, 11:07:46 EST
- Is 80-year-old mistake leading to first species to be fished to extinction?Wed, 18 Nov 2009, 4:55:26 EST
- Deep-sea fish in deep troubleWed, 7 Sep 2011, 11:34:48 EDT
- Study shows small fish can play a big role in coastal carbon cycleWed, 10 Oct 2012, 14:10:11 EDT