The decline of Caribbean coral reefs has been linked to the recent effects of human-induced climate change. However, new research suggests an even earlier cause. The bad news – humans are still to blame. The good news – relatively simple policy changes regarding land use and fishing activity can hinder further coral reef decline.
- Ancient corals provide insight on the future of Caribbean reefsThu, 7 Apr 2011, 14:03:53 EDT
- Extinction predictor 'will help protect coral reefs'Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 10:02:30 EST
- Big fish reveal shelter secrets on reefcamMon, 13 Feb 2012, 14:31:58 EST
- Distressed damsels stress coral reefsWed, 26 May 2010, 19:22:37 EDT
- Decline and recovery of coral reefs linked to 700 years of human and environmental activityMon, 3 Oct 2011, 23:35:59 EDT