How about a test that identifies Salmonella, the food poisoning bacteria that sickens millions of people each year, in five minutes, so that shipments of lettuce can be confiscated before they reach the table? Scientists have just developed and successfully tested just such a test.
- MU scientist develops salmonella test that makes food safer, reduce recallsMon, 22 Nov 2010, 15:04:17 EST
- Salmonella: Trickier than we imaginedFri, 13 Jun 2008, 11:23:13 EDT
- NIH scientists describe how salmonella bacteria spread in humansThu, 30 Sep 2010, 16:57:53 EDT
- Living antibiotic effective against SalmonellaMon, 27 Jun 2011, 11:35:20 EDT
- U of M researchers using salmonella to fight cancerWed, 9 Mar 2011, 10:53:54 EST