Researchers are suggesting that there is a link between the number of friends you have and the size of the region of the brain -- known as the orbital prefrontal cortex -- that is found just above the eyes. A new study shows that this brain region is bigger in people who have a larger number of friendships.
- How to build a bigger brainTue, 12 May 2009, 13:35:36 EDT
- Secrets of 'SuperAger' brainsThu, 16 Aug 2012, 21:04:42 EDT
- Imaging study shows brain responds more to close friendsTue, 12 Oct 2010, 17:35:01 EDT
- Adult brain processes fractions 'effortlessly'Tue, 7 Apr 2009, 18:00:16 EDT
- Social wasps show how bigger brains provide complex cognitionMon, 11 Apr 2011, 15:35:08 EDT