Researchers have found that including ads in mobile applications poses privacy and security risks. In a recent study of 100,000 apps in the official Google Play market, researchers noticed that more than half contained so-called ad libraries. And 297 of the apps included aggressive ad libraries that were enabled to download and run code from remote servers -- which raises significant privacy and security concerns.
- Study: Including ads in mobile apps poses privacy, security risksMon, 19 Mar 2012, 15:34:26 EDT
- New research offers security for virtualization, cloud computingTue, 27 Apr 2010, 11:59:02 EDT
- NIST finalizes initial set of smart grid cyber security guidelinesWed, 15 Sep 2010, 17:16:54 EDT
- Wireless tire pressure monitoring systems in cars may compromise privacy, pose security threatThu, 12 Aug 2010, 10:16:45 EDT
- Insecurities plague electronic health careFri, 16 Jul 2010, 11:29:09 EDT