Engineers have proposed a method of cutting power use and costs in computer processors. Called fine-grained power gating, the method would shut off energy to unused portions of datapath and memory blocks. Current processors fully power all components but rarely are all fully engaged.
- Saving power, saving moneyThu, 8 Mar 2012, 14:36:51 EST
- Scientists create first working model of a two-qubit electronic quantum processorTue, 30 Jun 2009, 11:07:46 EDT
- Carnegie Mellon researchers save electricity with low-power processors and flash memoryWed, 14 Oct 2009, 13:10:16 EDT
- Scrubbing sulfurTue, 18 Aug 2009, 8:56:39 EDT
- Energy wasted grinding switchgrass smaller to improve flowabilityMon, 12 Apr 2010, 17:55:39 EDT