Wednesday, March 7, 2012 - 16:30 in Earth & Climate
Decades ago, marine scientists made a startling discovery in the deep sea. They found environments known as hydrothermal vents, where hot water surges from the seafloor and life thrives without sunlight.
- Scientists break record by finding northernmost hydrothermal vent fieldThu, 24 Jul 2008, 14:36:40 EDT
- Scientists locate apparent hydrothermal vents off AntarcticaWed, 3 Mar 2010, 12:11:36 EST
- Expedition to Mid-Cayman Rise identifies unusual variety of deep sea ventsTue, 20 Jul 2010, 17:23:05 EDT
- Great Lake's sinkholes host exotic ecosystemsTue, 24 Feb 2009, 17:50:55 EST
- Deep sea expedition sets sailMon, 10 Nov 2008, 17:22:30 EST