An examination via robotic camera of an Herodian era tomb near Jerusalem has yielded ossuary engravings that strongly imply Christian culture, including an icon that seems to invoke the Jonah story, the most popular icon in third century CE Roman tomb -- previously the earliest Christian images. The tomb is in close proximity to the controversial "Jesus Tomb," which contained an ossuary engraved "Jesus son of Joseph."
- Tomb exploration reveals first archaeological evidence of Christianity from the time of JesusTue, 28 Feb 2012, 12:22:39 EST
- New life found in ancient tombsWed, 24 Sep 2008, 20:42:37 EDT
- Egyptian elite tombs accessible for allThu, 8 May 2008, 11:22:22 EDT
- Mayan king's tomb discovered in GuatemalaFri, 16 Jul 2010, 17:08:05 EDT
- Tut, tut: Microbial growth in pharaoh's tomb suggests burial was a rush jobWed, 8 Jun 2011, 14:38:35 EDT