Friday, February 24, 2012 - 21:30 in Psychology & Sociology
When one fish gets injured, the rest of the school takes off in fear, tipped off by a mysterious substance known as "Schreckstoff" (meaning "scary stuff" in German). Now, researchers have figured out what that scary stuff is really made of.
- For fish, fear smells like sugarFri, 24 Feb 2012, 21:31:54 EST
- Fish facing reflections become feisty but fearfulMon, 17 May 2010, 15:14:15 EDT
- Why a whiff of cats or rats is scary (if you're a mouse, that is)Thu, 13 May 2010, 14:05:12 EDT
- Fish oil reduces effectiveness of chemotherapyMon, 12 Sep 2011, 22:34:47 EDT
- Xenophobia, for men onlyWed, 4 Feb 2009, 12:35:43 EST