Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 16:31 in Astronomy & Space
Astronomers have clocked the fastest wind yet discovered blowing off a disk around a stellar-mass black hole. This result has important implications for understanding how this type of black hole behaves.
- NASA'S Chandra finds fastest wind from stellar-mass black holeTue, 21 Feb 2012, 16:33:59 EST
- Black hole hunters set new distance recordWed, 27 Jan 2010, 9:39:01 EST
- Swift, XMM-Newton satellites tune into a middleweight black holeTue, 10 Nov 2009, 10:57:46 EST
- How often do giant black holes become hyperactive?Mon, 20 Dec 2010, 13:33:10 EST
- Black hole caught zapping galaxy into existence?Mon, 30 Nov 2009, 11:57:58 EST