Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 15:30 in Earth & Climate
An expert on the protection of threatened marine ecosystems has commented on the potential for ecological disaster posed by the 2,300 tons of fuel oil still aboard the capsized cruise ship Costa Concordia.
- Size matters: Large Marine Protected Areas work for dolphinsTue, 27 Mar 2012, 17:36:35 EDT
- Oil in Gulf of Mexico: Biologists cite need for critical data to determine ecological consequencesThu, 3 Feb 2011, 16:07:41 EST
- Oil spill threatens toothy marine predator that is cultural and historic iconThu, 27 May 2010, 12:55:48 EDT
- Titanic disaster 'unlikely to happen again'Wed, 4 Apr 2012, 13:39:38 EDT
- Haiti earthquake a reminder that disasters are preventable, CU-Boulder expert saysMon, 1 Feb 2010, 14:30:24 EST