Researchers have discovered that two proteins come together in an unexpected way to make a carbohydrate, a chain of sugar molecules, in plant cell walls. This fundamental discovery changes the way scientists think about how plant cell walls are made and opens a new door to converting plants to biofuels and other carbon-based products.
- UGA discovery changes how scientists think about plant cell wall formationTue, 22 Nov 2011, 13:37:25 EST
- Plant toughness: Key to cracking biofuels?Tue, 21 Feb 2012, 19:35:41 EST
- Plant protein puzzle solvedMon, 15 Apr 2013, 19:11:44 EDT
- Scientists unravel more details of plant cell-wall constructionMon, 13 Dec 2010, 15:38:34 EST
- Making do with more: Joint BioEnergy Institute researchers engineer plant cell walls to boost sugar yields for biofuelsFri, 29 Mar 2013, 20:02:50 EDT