American energy use went back up in 2010 compared to 2009, when consumption was at a 12-year low. The United States used more fossil fuels in 2010 than in 2009, while renewable electricity remained approximately constant, with an increase in wind power offset by a modest decline in hydroelectricity. There also was a significant increase in biomass consumption, according to the most recent energy flow charts.
- Americans using more fossil fuelsWed, 9 Nov 2011, 15:38:50 EST
- Americans using less energy, more renewablesTue, 24 Aug 2010, 8:43:01 EDT
- Fuel cells, energy conversion and mathematicsFri, 24 Jul 2009, 12:51:53 EDT
- US energy use drops in 2008Mon, 20 Jul 2009, 13:32:48 EDT
- Why eating less can help the environmentWed, 23 Jul 2008, 11:08:04 EDT