Researchers have unveiled a ready-made method for detecting the collision of stars with an elusive type of black hole that is on the short list of objects believed to make up dark matter. Such a discovery could serve as observable proof of dark matter and provide a much deeper understanding of the universe's inner workings.
- Black hole, star collisions may illuminate universe's dark sideMon, 19 Sep 2011, 15:05:50 EDT
- New 3D map of massive galaxies and black holes offers clues to dark matter, dark energyWed, 8 Aug 2012, 14:51:06 EDT
- Black hole caught zapping galaxy into existence?Mon, 30 Nov 2009, 11:57:58 EST
- When galaxies collide: How the first super-massive black holes were bornWed, 25 Aug 2010, 13:25:24 EDT
- 'Dark core' may not be so dark after allThu, 29 Nov 2012, 14:38:59 EST