Researchers have used a novel method for analyzing brain-scan data to distinguish children with autism from typically developing children. Their discovery reveals that the gray matter in a network of brain regions known to affect social communication and self-related thoughts has a distinct organization in people with autism.
- Adult autism diagnosis by brain scanTue, 10 Aug 2010, 17:24:35 EDT
- Parts of brain involved in social cognition may be in place by age 6Wed, 15 Jul 2009, 8:38:23 EDT
- Speedier scans reveal new distinctions in resting and active brainThu, 1 Aug 2013, 19:06:57 EDT
- World's largest DNA scan for autism uncovers new gene variant for disorderTue, 28 Apr 2009, 13:57:15 EDT
- World's largest DNA scan reveals rare variants that disrupt gene activity in autistic childrenWed, 9 Jun 2010, 14:19:07 EDT