The introduction of legislation in the UK that restricts unhealthy food, for example by reducing salt content and eliminating industrial trans fats, would prevent thousands of cases of heart disease in England and Wales and save the UK's National Health Service millions of pounds, new research finds.
- Laws that encourage healthier lifestyles protect lives and save the NHS moneyFri, 29 Jul 2011, 4:38:09 EDT
- Proposed industry effort to reduce salt in food could save lives, money, Stanford/VA study showsMon, 1 Mar 2010, 19:36:28 EST
- Banning trans fats would save lives, say doctorsThu, 15 Apr 2010, 19:46:08 EDT
- Study prompts calls for Europe-wide salt legislationTue, 26 Jan 2010, 10:16:36 EST
- Homicide by mentally ill has risen in England and WalesTue, 28 Jul 2009, 19:50:07 EDT