New research may help to explain why the location of postnatal neural stem cells in the brain determines the type of new neurons that are generated. The research demonstrates that a signaling pathway which plays a key role in development also actively regulates the fate of neural stem cells in the adult brain.
- Signal explains why site of origin affects fate of postnatal neural stem cellsWed, 27 Jul 2011, 16:40:18 EDT
- USC researchers identify key mechanism that regulates the development of stem cells into neuronsMon, 10 Nov 2008, 12:29:38 EST
- Salk researchers reprogram adult stem cells in their natural environmentMon, 30 Jun 2008, 9:35:44 EDT
- Insulin-like signal needed to keep stem cells alive in adult brainThu, 25 Mar 2010, 16:54:00 EDT
- Brain structure adapts to environmental changeMon, 13 Jun 2011, 14:32:15 EDT