Rapid venom evolution in pit vipers may be defensive; Marsupials that prey on venomous snakes also evolve rapidly
Monday, July 18, 2011 - 15:30 in Biology & Nature
Research delivers new insight about rapid toxin evolution in venomous snakes. New molecular research on snake-eating opossums suggests that predators factor into the rapid evolution of snake venom.
- Rapid venom evolution in pit vipers may be defensiveMon, 18 Jul 2011, 17:03:07 EDT
- Study of isolated snakes could help shed light on venom compositionWed, 16 Sep 2009, 11:25:59 EDT
- Biting back - snake venom contains toxic clotting factorsWed, 27 Feb 2013, 10:37:47 EST
- Venomous sea snakes play heads or tails with their predatorsWed, 5 Aug 2009, 20:49:29 EDT
- Snake venom studies yield insights for development of therapies for heart disease and cancerThu, 29 Jul 2010, 18:09:05 EDT