It will take more than tougher fuel economy standards for US transportation to significantly cut its oil use over the next half century. It will likely require a combination of measures that foster consumer and supplier interest in vehicle fuel economy, alternative fuels, and a more efficient transportation system, says a new report from the National Research Council.
- Report presents best policy options to reduce petroleum use Thu, 23 Jun 2011, 14:41:14 EDT
- Improving fuel economy of tractor-trailers, buses, work trucksWed, 31 Mar 2010, 11:31:13 EDT
- Petroleum use, greenhouse gas emissions of automobiles could drop 80 percent by 2050Mon, 18 Mar 2013, 17:34:15 EDT
- Nanowires may lead to better fuel cellsWed, 11 Mar 2009, 14:52:23 EDT
- Reducing fuel consumption in medium- and heavy-duty vehiclesWed, 31 Mar 2010, 11:31:05 EDT