Few treatments for Parkinson's disease (PD) restore function for extended periods. In a new study, an international group of researchers reports that platelet-derived growth factor-BB restored function in rodents and shows promise as a clinical candidate drug for treatment of PD.
- New animal study shows promise for development of Parkinson's disease drugThu, 9 Jun 2011, 12:10:07 EDT
- Finnish scientists discover nerve growth factor with therapeutic potential in Parkinson's diseaseSat, 29 Aug 2009, 1:35:12 EDT
- Michigan hospital launches gene therapy study for Parkinson's diseaseTue, 6 Oct 2009, 14:51:47 EDT
- A promising target for developing treatments against Parkinson's diseaseMon, 23 Aug 2010, 17:56:43 EDT
- Endometrial stem cells could repair brain cells damaged by Parkinson's diseaseThu, 6 May 2010, 17:46:39 EDT