Sound safety: Novel device with rock 'n' roll roots may protect listeners from potential dangers of personal listening devices and hearing aids
Engineers investigating "listener fatigue"-- the discomfort and pain some people experience while using in-ear headphones, hearing aids, and other devices that seal the ear canal from external sound -- have found not only what they believe is the cause, but also a potential solution.
- Sound safety Fri, 13 May 2011, 12:32:10 EDT
- Cluster listens to the sounds of EarthFri, 27 Jun 2008, 10:22:18 EDT
- Bats pick up rustling sounds against highway background noiseSat, 20 Sep 2008, 10:57:38 EDT
- Auditory illusion: How our brains can fill in the gaps to create continuous soundWed, 25 Nov 2009, 13:14:13 EST
- Listening to blood cells: Simple test could use sound waves for diagnosing blood-related diseasesTue, 2 Jul 2013, 13:34:20 EDT