NASA's Dawn spacecraft has obtained its first image of the giant asteroid Vesta, which will help fine-tune navigation during its approach. Dawn is expected to achieve orbit around Vesta on July 16, when the asteroid is about 188 million kilometers (117 million miles) from Earth.
- NASA's Dawn spacecraft approaches protoplanet VestaFri, 10 Jun 2011, 11:32:58 EDT
- When minor planets Ceres and Vesta rock the Earth into chaosFri, 15 Jul 2011, 17:35:08 EDT
- Vesta likely cold and dark enough for iceWed, 25 Jan 2012, 17:39:58 EST
- Asteroid's troughs suggest stunted planetThu, 27 Sep 2012, 9:08:04 EDT
- Asteroid-hunting satellite a world firstThu, 26 Jun 2008, 12:35:53 EDT