In Parkinson’s disease, the human body generates antibodies to combat the amyloid-producing protein alpha synuclein early in the course of the disease. A simple blood test that measures these antibodies can facilitate early diagnosis of the disorder, according to researchers.
- Disease diagnosis in just 15 minutesWed, 1 Oct 2008, 4:57:24 EDT
- Researchers design Alzheimer's antibodiesFri, 9 Dec 2011, 15:32:28 EST
- Accurate interpretation of antinuclear antibodies test key to confirming autoimmune diseaseTue, 4 Jan 2011, 11:02:56 EST
- Scientists discover clues to inflammatory diseaseThu, 15 Jul 2010, 12:08:49 EDT
- X-ray eyes bring us closer to early diagnosis of Parkinson's diseaseSat, 14 Feb 2009, 9:29:26 EST