The evolution and diversification of the more than 300,000 living species of flowering plants may have been "jump started" much earlier than previously calculated, according to a new study. The study provides a wealth of new genetic data and is expected to change the way biologists view the family trees of plants in general and flowering plants in particular.
- New genetic study helps to solve Darwin's mystery about the ancient evolution of flowering plantsSun, 10 Apr 2011, 13:33:23 EDT
- University of Florida study provides insight into evolution of first flowersMon, 18 May 2009, 17:51:24 EDT
- UF researcher: Flowering plant study 'catches evolution in the act'Thu, 17 Mar 2011, 12:44:13 EDT
- What 'pine' cones reveal about the evolution of flowersTue, 14 Dec 2010, 10:34:49 EST
- Gardener's delight offers glimpse into the evolution of flowering plantsTue, 4 Sep 2012, 15:35:43 EDT