Unlike older breast cancer survivors, young women 40 and under with breast cancer face different psychological and social burdens: Newer careers, newer couple relationships, younger families, and a peer group that's by-and-large healthy, says a psychologist. Her research looks at women fighting Triple Negative Breast Cancer -- an aggressive subtype striking 10 to 20 percent of women with breast cancer -- typically young, African-American/Hispanic, or testing positive for BRCA1 gene mutation.
- Pilot study examines stress, anxiety and needs of young women with a unique breast cancerThu, 31 Mar 2011, 16:03:11 EDT
- Young women's breast cancers have more aggressive genes, worse prognosisTue, 8 Jul 2008, 18:21:57 EDT
- New arsenic nanoparticle blocks aggressive breast cancerThu, 15 Jul 2010, 12:18:36 EDT
- Breast cancer: Risk increases for smokers and overweight womenTue, 1 Sep 2009, 13:08:55 EDT
- Breast cancer patients with BRCA mutations 4 times more likely to get cancer in opposite breastMon, 5 Apr 2010, 16:37:17 EDT