Researchers have found that African-American women who live in more densely populated urban areas gain less weight than those in more sprawling auto-oriented areas. The results were based on data collected in the Black Women's Health Study, an ongoing study of the health of 59,000 African American women conducted by the researchers since 1995.
- Less weight gain found among African-American women in dense urban areasWed, 16 Mar 2011, 12:06:28 EDT
- Oral contraceptive use associated with increased risk of breast cancerTue, 3 Aug 2010, 12:08:29 EDT
- Diet high in vegetables and fruit associated with less weight gain in African-American womenFri, 20 May 2011, 11:04:32 EDT
- Racism shapes African-American women's views on depression careWed, 7 Jul 2010, 12:59:02 EDT
- Safe weight gain for heavier moms-to-be depends on level of obesityThu, 22 Apr 2010, 17:31:59 EDT