Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 16:20 in Health & Medicine
Scientists have discovered molecules that act as "shift workers" to maintain the daily rhythm of fat metabolism. When those molecules do not do their jobs, the liver dramatically fills with fat.
- Molecules work the day shift to protect the liver from accumulating fatThu, 10 Mar 2011, 14:40:35 EST
- Metabolic shift may offer early cancer clueTue, 5 Jul 2011, 15:34:49 EDT
- Pathologically elevated blood fat levels in obesity: Researchers discover molecular causesMon, 9 Feb 2009, 19:17:03 EST
- Alcohol tolerance 'switch' foundWed, 21 Oct 2009, 12:31:16 EDT
- Gene's novel role may provide key to treating liver and neurodegenerative diseasesFri, 3 Jul 2009, 7:57:12 EDT