New evidence bolsters the notion that deep saline groundwaters in South Africa's Witwatersrand Basin may have remained isolated for many thousands, perhaps even millions, of years. The study found the noble gas neon dissolved in water in three-kilometer deep crevices.
- High salt levels in Saharan groundwater endanger oases farmingMon, 8 Apr 2013, 14:23:52 EDT
- Scientists offer solutions to arsenic groundwater poisoning in southern AsiaThu, 27 May 2010, 15:33:35 EDT
- New study shows shallow water corals evolved from deep sea ancestorsTue, 17 Jun 2008, 21:07:46 EDT
- New hominid species discovered and described in South AfricaThu, 8 Apr 2010, 11:11:39 EDT
- How does groundwater pumping affect streamflow?Sat, 17 Nov 2012, 15:04:34 EST